Monday, April 5, 2010

It's my freakin bday and Easter!





Happy Birthday to ME!

Had the most random bday week ever. I got my car inspected, new tires, paid for insurance for the year and registered on Monday. Then talked to my new neighbor for a bit. That's when things went a bit pear shaped.

Got sick, hospital, threw up on the floor of hospital lobby (think Amy Winehouse), got drugs, stayed for 15 hours in the ER then went home. Had to stay in bed for most of Tues and Wed. I had no energy and my back hurt like a mother trucker. I was really lucky to have so many friends (just met these peeps two months ago) take care of me. Brought me flowers, food, cards, fashion mags, it was great. You never realize how much you appreciate your health until you lose it.

I went to my editing tutorial on Thursday afternoon, was the only time I really stepped out of the house. Bonus of kidney issue, lost 5 pounds in a week.

We were off for Good Friday, which was MY BDAY, woot! Went to service and then hit the beach with Court, Matt and Justin. Weather was only in the 70's and windy, but sunny and perfect. We went to Gertrude and Alice, an old bookstore that also has amazing coffee. Then went and got fish and chips on the beach and sat on a blanket in the sand and watched the surfers. Went to 88fm cafe which is a radio station and a restaurant. We had coffee/tea and fondue then played cards. Super fun times.

Saturday was Pancakes on the Rocks for bday breakfast and then had tv camera work. Easter Sunday was amazing. Place was packed, I wore my magenta dress that I adore. Then ran home to change and headed into the city for the Exchange film festival. I didn't make the finals, but those that did were freaking amazing. And it was packed with people. Afterwards, my housemates and I went around Darling Harbour and then headed to the Rocks (old part of Sydney) to eat. Ended up at the Rocks cafe at an adorable place.

Can't believe I was able to do so much after being so sick, but God is good. I missed my family and friends so much this past week. With being sick, my bday and Easter, I was thinking about how much love people have for me. I so appreciate the calls and emails and FB posts and cards for my bday. I am so fortunate to have you in my life. And I do NOT take it (or try not to take it) for granted. I love you!!!!

Pictures are of my bday and Easter. Lots of love!!


No comments:

Post a Comment