Monday, March 8, 2010

Marketing and French, in that order



Great week! (March 1)

I finally got assigned my fieldwork, which is a 4 hour internship each week. I'm working in communications doing basically whatever they need. We're gearing up for Colour conference and looks like I might get to do a lot more than I thought, which is an absolutely fantastic thing!

I'm working on my short film for the festival. The deadline is next week so I'm trying to get all the video shot so I can edit next week.

Had a week that started out rough. I just couldn't seem to do or say anything that made much sense. But should have known the week would end so well b/c the beginning was so hard. Got really encouraged by friends and especially a girl (Ida) that picked me to encourage in Lee Burns tutorial. She called me loving after I was just thinking about how unlovable I can be sometimes. So nice to be encouraged.

Decided to escape with Court on Tuesday. What started out as a trip to Starbucks took a turn when we couldn't find anything open after 9pm (it was 10) so almost went into the city but found City Extra, a 24 hour free wifi swank spot that serves amazing food and even more amazing music. Laughed til I cried. We almost didn't make it b/c we got lost but Matt, my personal gps, helped. I really miss my iphone. :( it's still not working

Wednesday I stayed at the house and got to chat with Clarissa and Daniela, my most amazing housemates. I really live with the greatest chicks, super lucky. Sometimes I can't believe the mansion I live in and the quality girls that I share it with.

On Friday I went to the French Film Festival in Sydney. Interesting time...I drove into the city in the rain. Horrible traffic and then when we finally found the place, there was no parking. Like no garages, all street parking and for residents only. Eventually found a spot but was a little late for the film. Nueilly Yo Mama, was a great film! The theater is an old complex from the 1940s. Dressed up a bit for it and then we did dinner at a swank place around the corner that was super cheaply priced. Such a great time.

Saturday was a bbq with tv/media. Great to get to know people in my program and the intake before mine who are super genius smart.

Sunday I helped work the crane camera on the side of the platform. It was fantastic, but tiring, as my job is to make sure that the crane cam doesn't hit anyone so I'm constantly pulling up and down on the weights as the operator is getting his shots. Really great opportunity to use Hollywood quality camera equipment! On my way home (I walked) a kid jacked my leg with his bike. Poor thing felt terrible and my shin was yelling at him, but I had to smile, he almost cried he felt so bad.

Haven't been able to sleep past 4am, not sure why. But Sunday night (3/7) I went out late with some friends (pancakes on the rocks!) and came home to a moth issue in the kitchen. So at 11:30pm, our house cleaned every cupboard and drawer in the kitchen. Maybe the fumes helped b/c I went to bed at 2am able to sleep into today (Monday)! :)

I miss you and love you lots. Pictures are from the film festival and the tv/media bbq.

1 comment:

  1. mims! love your photos and updates. Come home! - Susie

    ReplyDelete