
The past week and a half has been a bit of a blur. I'm full speed with classes three days a week. They are all day intensives with tons of information and few breaks. Lots of events at night as well.
The music, oh the music. It's just life changing. It isn't a giant production, but it's spectacular b/c what they do has such excellence.
Roaming the halls in the Hub (main office complex and where lots of instensive stuff is) you can see all the major people from Hillsong. But the ones you've never heard of, they are my favorites. Sanga, Lee Burns, Robert Furgeson, Brendan Brown, Joel A'bell. They are at no loss for amazing people with hilarious and genius perspectives here.
The weather has been, in a word, WET. Raining all amounts, all the time. I have gone on 4 runs that have ended with me completely soaked. But I've learned to love it b/c the humidity makes it so hot that the rain is more than welcome!
First Superbowl I've watched at 10am, which was live for us with the time difference. It was great to watch it with people from all over the world. The commercials weren't American, so let me know the good ones so I can you-tube them! This blog has a pic of Amy and I at the Superbowl party.
I hit a milestone over the weekend. I am now, an American12! I tried on a dress at David Jones (Dillards-ish) for kicks and when it fit, I about lost it! Thanks to Ames, who took a pic after I stopped jumping up and down. Dress wasn't perfect but it was good enough to include a pic. :)
Still learning to drive on the left. Have finally mastered how to park in a lot on either side. Driving on the left side of the road, in the right side of a car...then parking on the left side in a lot. Just had to work at it to figure out spacing, etc. Not sure why the right side was so much easier, but now I am officially NOT ridiculous.
I have my last Friday off this week so either going to the mountains (2 hours from me) or the beach (billions of ones near me, just have to decide which to go to). This will be the last weekend before I get assigned to camera work/control room so going to get out and see as much as I can.
Just want to encourage you with the biggest lesson for me this week... Think big, huge, ridiculous. Not scary or unsafe, but have faith in yourself and God to do the most amazingly huge things. (wowza)
I love love LOVE you familia. You have been so good to kick me in the pants when I need it or cheer me on. And I miss you and think about you often. XX
No comments:
Post a Comment