Monday, February 15, 2010

One month in Oz!



So this week it's been a month since I arrived. It feels like a week and a year at the same time. This week was full of things going on. Felt like I was missing out by sleeping!

Hillsong did an acoustic recording that I got to be part of (picture with a few friends before it started). It was fantastic. The lights were sick and the songs are all the classics done in a smaller format. Super cool! My friend's bday choice was to go to Bondi so we went to the beach and I met Cisco Adler. I have no idea how or why I recognized him on the beach but I did and got a pic, major street cred! :)

Found a great breakfast place with my housemate Court. It's better than IHOP and more modern inside than any place I've been. Not expensive either, a rare find! Pancakes on the Rocks, I will take you when you come visit! Had to run almost 5 miles so I could eat whatever I wanted, but it was totally worth it.

Learning basic camera operation and working in the control room doing various things. I worked my first night in the control room on Saturday night doing CCU (controlling the iris and black/white balance) for the cameras. Never done it before but willing to learn, it went pretty well (nothing broke and I didn't get yelled at). Going to get my fieldwork next week and really hoping to get communications so I can work with them on their printed materials...we'll see!

My iphone is still broken b/c Apple did a new software update so you can't use American iphones out of the country. Hoping someone can fix it for me soon. It kinda breaks my heart using a regular phone. It just isn't as good of a life w/o my maps and apps on the phone!! :(

Valentines was FANTASTIC even though I am beyond single. Sunday night they played a medley of songs before service: Single Ladies, Love is in the Air, I Will Always Love You..it was hilarious. Did coffee with some friends after then came home to a house FULL of latinos. My housemate is the connect leader for all the latins so amazing food and salsa dancing lessons are free at my house!! Good times.

Hanging out with the Yates on Monday (2/15) so should be fun, going snorkelling.

Love you dear family. I hope you give each other lots of hugs from me and talk about how adorable I am! :) XX

No comments:

Post a Comment