
This week has flown by. New student party on Monday in the biggest house I've been in yet, HUGE. Australia Day (Independence Day) was was on Tuesday. Some friends and I went to Sydney on the train (packed) and then headed to Australia's most famous beach, Bondi (Bond-eye). It was packed with thousands of people. And it was about 100 degrees and humid, so hot! But found a great spot on the beach and went straight to the water. Speaking of, the water is FRIGID here...think Lake Michigan, maybe a little colder. But it's so refreshing and crystal clear. Went around Sydney and did some sights after the beach, got some grub. Just a great day celebrating someone else's independence from England. :)
I had orientation Wednesday and Thursday, realize that my freedom is very short lived. Looks like most days will be 8-6, could be later depending on conferences, video shoots, editing, etc. So just trying to see as much as I can while I have the time. Went to Ikea to get a few more things to keep me organized and some things to show family pictures, gotta represent (what, what).
Meeting great people from Switzerland, Denmark, Norway, the Netherlands, even Cincy... who'd a thunk?! :) There are Aussie's in the program, but few.
Went to Manly beach today (Friday), which is really popular for surfers. The weather was breezy and went with three great people I've gotten to know here, so laid back day learning about Australia sights, beaches and highways.
I'm getting my legs a little each day. Just focusing on being the best I can be for however long I stay. And letting the little stuff go. Hard not to try and control every situation, b/c I'm new at doing everything. Life is just too short and ya gotta laugh when the silly stuff happens.
I love, LOVE you familia! Attached are pictures from Australia Day and Manly beach, my highlights this week. Don't get mad if skype is a little weird, our internet is crazy with 7 people on wi-fi and the time difference isn't helping, I know. But I love you and besides Jesus, there is no one I love more than you's guys..
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.